Saturday, May 10, 2008

Don't Start The Revolution Without Me - Jesse Ventura

This is Jesse Ventura's new book. I got it when I got Ron Paul's new book, which is apparently the norm according to Amazon's book listings. I'd heard two different opinions on this book, both contradictory. One said that this was a great biography and an interesting look at how Ventura thinks and what his time as governor was like - and the real reason he quit. The other opinion said that this book was nothing more than Jesse begging people to ask him to run for President in 2008.

Now that I've read the book, I'd say it's a combination of the two, though it's heavier on the first part and only the last chapter or so really gets into his idea of running for President as an independent. I don't think he really plans to, though, since the last chapter kind of imagines a JFK-style scenario with Ventura nearly getting "offed" by the powers-that-be.

The book is highly entertaining - as is the man. His descriptions of things are hilarious and his way of going about things while in office were great. Anyone who bucks the system and makes a lot of waves is tops in my book, no matter their political leanings.

I'd highly recommend this book to anyone who's looking for an interesting read and a look at the inside life an elected official has to live, especially an executive-level official. Great stuff that will keep you reading from beginning to end.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just bought this book from Amazon and after reading it I discovered that the final chapter is completely MISSING! The last eleven pages of the book are blank. I'm quite pissed off to say the least.

Aaron Turpen said...

So return it? I've had that happen with Barnes & Noble. I took it into the store and they refused to exchange it, so I read the last chapter of the book in their store with one of their copies and returned the book for a refund to the online store.