Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Be Kind Rewind


Be Kind Rewind stars Jack Black and Most Def.

I'll be honest and tell you that I didn't expect much from this movie. I (mostly) like Jack Black, but he's definitely done his share of flops and pure pieces of crap. This movie, though, was much better than I'd expected. Even my wife liked it, which almost never happens when I pick a comedy.

First, it actually has a story line that is pretty good and kind of touching. Not really touching, but at least a good message. Mostly, though, it's about Jack Black's character (Jerry) being nucking futz.

The scene with them sitting and talking while wearing an aluminum sieve and strainer on their heads (to keep the microwaves out) is hilarious. The scenes where Jerry gets magnetized... awesome.

Mostly, though, the comedy is all about cheesy and belly-laughingly funny remakes of popular movies. Driving Miss Daisy? Check. Scenes in the public library from Ghost Busters? Check. Two nutcases running around the big city and having their loony antics be ignored by everyone walking by? Check.

The movie is downright funny, is mostly family-friendly, and definitely worth watching.

No comments: